Since I stopped working, I have seen a sudden progress in Gregory, for which I am mighty pleased.
- he started babbling more and now says mama (to the correct person) and now starting to say dada & Glegoly 🙂
- he’s gained more confidence and goes to play from one room to another alone
- because of the above, he also started letting go of furniture for a second or two and stands without support.
- he is eating more solid food and eating especially much more of what we eat alone with his hands even though no teeth yet!
- he’s learnt how to get down stairs,bed & sofa without falling
- started to enjoy listening to me reading books
- understands what I am saying for e.g i tell him that am gonna catch him he runs away or ask where is monster he locates his toy.
I feel so happy and feel so much that I did the right decision. Generally, what I am doing is giving him a free hand…so rather than scolding him for going up the stairs I encourage him, tell him to be careful and showed him how to get down without falling. I tell him all I am doing, whether washing plates, cooking dinner or dressing or counting each step we make. I also identify everything with its proper name for him and when babbling I reply back as if in a conversation. I also take him out once or twice a day and let him run even if he will get dirty. It makes him so much happier and relaxed!
I can’t wait to have him toddling around really lol and saying more words and knowing I will be there for all of this makes my head go high up in the clouds with dreams & happiness.