Today we did our first lapbook about Maltese Pre-history. It was a success with G. who asked if we’d do more.
I was a bit sceptical about them, but I am finding that it gives a good closure to study units – in this case Maltese Pre-history. We had already read about it on the book L-ewwel 35,000,000 sena ta’ Hajti, as well as my own memory from my own schooling and through visiting the historical sites themselves.
I used pocket files for our lapbook. I cut the sides that held the file together so it opened up. In the meantime I had cut sheets of paper and stuck it on the file with a question printed on top for G to answer. He also searched for pictures to stick on the pages. Since he did not wish to write himself, he dictated and I wrote his answers. This was the end result.