I have created monthly reading boxes so that we can all delve deeper into selected books and not read tons of books just for the sake of saying we read this book.
Here is this months’ selection of read alouds, which combines books for 7 and 5 year old needs.
- Hello Baby by Izzy Rockwell
- Where the wild things are by Maurice Sendak
- The Festival of stones by Reg Down
- A Child’s Garden Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Tales of Jemima Puddle Duck by Beatrix Potter
- Il-Qabar tal-kavallier by Ivan Debattista
- The very busy spider by Eric Carle
- Mess Monsters in the garden by Beth Shoshan
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Paddle to the sea by Holling Clancy Holling
Then there is also the independent reading books which Gregory will be reading in his own time.
- Floppy and the bone
- Gigi L-artist
- Gigi Zaqqieq
- Buxu jmur il-bahar
- Buxu jitlef il-golgol
- L-annimali madwarna
- L-avventuri ta zugragu
- Brand new readers series of 12 short books
Over the months, since last Summer, our homeschooling has been evolving at a steady pace.
We are still unsure whether full time home education will be available next scholastic year. However, we are finding a rhythm finally to our work.
Firstly I need to let you know that home education as viewed by me includes not just the accademics, but also the soul, the character and the skills necessary for when they grow up.
With this in mind, and because after a day of accademics they do not feel like more despite being more fun subjects, we are focusing on reading , festivals and helping around the home.
Summer time, apart for the above, we will do some science and geography. However the focus will be on life skills and formation of the character.
I have just been doing a bit of curriculum for the Summer but so far the idea is to:
- focus on doing the beds to perfection
- perfecting the swimming skills and learn how to dive
- learn how to cook 5 meals
- learn how to use the washing machine
- focus on cleaning up after we are done with whatever we’ve been doing
I would like to do some handiwork but it is still a question mark, mainly because I do not have the patience to teach myself and before I do that I can’t teach the kids!
…that I became a mother for the first time. Seven years that changed me so utterly and deeply that I am forever indebted with my first born.
Seven years of struggles as I try to push past default settings in my brain to become a more peaceful mama.
Seven years of bliss seeing the young man I have helped grow.
The seven year transition is upon us and I feel so unprepared, so sad that it is here, and so excited to know we reached this new milestone which will change our dynamics once again.
Gregory, reminds me so much of me in different ways. The uniqueness in his thinking, his intellect, his love, his joy, his beauty. I ache for him because his path is not as easy….yet I know he is ready for it and I just need to follow him. Follow him wherever he may go. Follow him without quenching his thrist, his love and joy and sufferings. Simply holding him, nurturing him and loving him.
On this day, may you be showered with blessings and more love than you can handle.